Welcome to our 22nd season!!! THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW for the Upcoming 2013/14 Dance Season…
A. THE 2013/14 SEASON — begins Friday September 16th and runs into May. The 22nd Annual Anniversary Follies 2014 will be held May 9 & 10, 2014 (tentatively). Public school holidays are observed. Mrs. Susan Laing is the director and main instructor (Miss Susan). Info is posted at www.airdriedance.ca/students and also on the bulletin board inside the studio waiting room. Please stay informed.
B. THE FEES — Full tuition or monthly payments will be accepted by Visa, MC, or postdated cheque. ALL ACCOUNTS require a credit card number to be kept on file. Specific payment information is included with the online registration process. We will no longer accept postdated cheques for any other date but the first of the month – NO EXCEPTIONS!! Credit Card payments will also be set up for the first of the month. Fees for the upcoming season are due June 1st.
Note: the payment for September must include the monthly fees for September and May – it will be double the monthly amount. Remaining fees are for the months October thru April.
Class Times and Prices are subject to change.
C. REGISTRATION FEE — is non-refundable.
D. WITHDRAWING FROM CLASS — one month’s written notice is required prior to a withdrawal. Failure to give sufficient notice will forfeit the next month’s payment and then the remaining cheques/fees will be returned. (May’s fees once paid, are non-refundable). Credit card info will be deleted to avoid any further charges. Withdrawals requested after Dec. 1st, 2013 will be subject to a costume and competition charges. Sessional Fees (ie. Recreational and Adult Classes) are non-refundable after the 1st class.
E. COMPETITIONS —Regular classes will participate in 2 competitions. These are usually local (Springbank) however, a travel competition may be considered. (Medicine Hat was a very fun trip). Creative and Pre-Primary ballet will not be included in competition. Entry fees are approx. $60.00/competition/dancer/routine. These fees are due mid-November.
F. EXTRA COSTS —Recital costumes will be ordered before Christmas. Costs start at $120.00 and do not include tights. There is a charge for recital tickets. We have a photographer come in the spring. Please be aware of these costs and budget accordingly. Costume fees are due mid-November.
G. STUDIO LOCATION & RULES
- Classes are held at 291070 Yankee Valley Blvd —0.4 km east on Yankee Valley Blvd. (North side).
- Rules are as stated in the parents handbook. This is available by logging into the student website.
- Proper dancewear is required every week. Hair must be out of the dancer’s face.
- Jewelry is not allowed.
- Parents are asked to email email@example.com if there is to be an absence. Please leave the dancer’s name, class and time in the message. Refunds are not made for dancer’s missed classes.
- No food or drink (except water) is allowed in the studio/building.
- All footwear must be removed once inside the building.
- No smoking or pets allowed on the property.
- Parking is available.
- Some parent volunteering is required later in the season.
- The yard/house is all off-limits.
Thank you in advance for respecting these rules.